How much does Wedding Makeup Prices cost?
Nationwide, a wedding makeup artist can cost between $90 and $475 on average, depending on the services you select, and the length of services.
Wedding makeup can be solely for the bride, or it can include everyone who is a part of your special day. To create the perfect look for your wedding party, you may want to expand your bridal beauty package to include bridesmaids, flower girls, and other family members Wedding makeup artists can create bridal looks that are natural and clean, romantic and soft, or bold and glamorous. Optional add-ons include airbrush makeup, a classic vintage look, smokey eyes, bold lips and contouring.
Whats in this wedding makeup artist cost guide?
- #how-much-does-a-wedding-makeup-artist-cost?'>How much does a wedding makeup artist cost?
- #how-much-does-bridesmaids-makeup-cost?'>How much does bridesmaids makeup cost?
- #what-affects-the-cost-of-a-wedding-makeup-artist?'>What affects the cost of a wedding makeup artist?
- #number-of-people' class='ss-broken'>Number of people
- #lashes' class='ss-broken'>Lashes
- #full-day-booking' class='ss-broken'>Full day booking
- #bridal-hair-services' class='ss-broken'>Bridal hair services
- #trial-makeup' class='ss-broken'>Trial makeup
- #travel' class='ss-broken'>Travel
- #how-to-hire-a-wedding-makeup-artist'>How to hire a wedding makeup artist
- #how-to-save-money-on-a-wedding-makeup-artist'>How to save money on a wedding makeup artist
- #benefits-of-a-wedding-makeup-artist'>Benefits of a wedding makeup artist
How much does a wedding makeup artist cost?
Expect to pay between $85 and $125 per hour for a wedding day makeup artist. The complexity of the makeup, length of services, and headcount all affect the hourly rate and total cost of hiring a makeup artist for a wedding.
Below are the nationwide cost averages for wedding makeup by bridal party headcount:
|Bridal Party Headcount||Cost of Wedding Makeup Artist per Hour|
How much does bridesmaids makeup cost?
Makeup artists usually charge less for bridesmaids makeup, and can average between $50 and $100 nationwide. For example, for Me in Long Island charges $85$95 per bridesmaid, rather than charging per hour.
What affects the cost of a wedding makeup artist?
Number of people
For a special event, the number of people who receive makeup services also affects the overall cost and may even require an additional makeup artist. For example, Junkie requires an assistant to aid with parties of six or more for a flat fee of $150.
Many makeup artists include false eyelashes in the cost of the brides makeup services. Lashes often cost extra for other members of the bridal party, however. The cost is typically a flat fee for each additional person. Jeanne Makeup Artistry charges $1520 for lashes, depending on the number of people receiving the service.
Full day booking
In addition to the initial wedding makeup application, brides can request that a makeup artist remain on-site on the day of the wedding to provide touch-ups throughout the event and reception. Junkie charges $50 per hour after the initial application costs. This service is sometimes provided for a negotiated price, and some makeup artists have a set rate for full-day services.
Bridal hair services
Many makeup artists also offer bridal hair services. By bundling salon services and makeup services, clients can save money. For example, for Me charges $100 for wedding hair styling, $85 $125 for wedding makeup and $150 for wedding hair and makeup together.
Most makeup artists encourage a trial application. Some include the service in their total fee, others charge an additional cost for the service, especially if it includes travel. for Me offers a trial session for $60$70.
Travel costs are typically billed to the client, with makeup artists generally providing a base fee within their service area and additional fees based on mileage, hotel needs and drive time. Junkie charges extra for locations farther than a 1.5-hour drive, events with a start time prior to 7:30 a.m. and for those that require a hotel stay.
How to hire a wedding makeup artist
- Read reviews: Look for reviews from brides who used a similar makeup style to the one you have in mind for your special day.
- Look at their portfolio: Makeup artists typically have a portfolio where they can show you bridal looks theyve created for other weddings.
- Ask about products: Especially for those with sensitive skin types, make sure the beauty expert is using quality products as a part of their bridal beauty service.
- Do a trial run: You can do a makeup trial before you commit to your bridal makeup. Find out how much a makeup artist charges for a makeup trial and use their services for a night out or another special event. This will give you a better sense of their style, products, and personality.
How to save money on a wedding makeup artist
- Skip additional services: Add-ons like lashes for your bridesmaids or airbrush makeup can add up. Keep the price low by sticking to a more streamlined bridal beauty package.
- Bundle salon and makeup services: If your makeup artist offers salon services, find out if they do package deals if you hire them for hair and makeup.
- Travel to the makeup artist: If its convenient, get your makeup done at the makeup artists studio instead of having them travel to your location. This will cut travel fees from the overall price.
- DIY touch ups: Have the wedding makeup artist show you or a bridesmaid how to touch up your makeup. Decide in advance what products youll be using, particularly on your lips, so that you have them on hand for a quick DIY touch up later in the night.
Benefits of a wedding makeup artist
- Better photographs: Professional makeup guarantees that you look fresh and fabulous in your photos.
- Products and skills: Wedding makeup artists bring skills that go above and beyond day to day makeup application, and they have the products and tools to help you create any look. From airbrushing to eyelash application, they can bring your bridal beauty to the next level.
- Peace of mind: Who wants to worry about having the right lipstick color or covering up a blemish on her wedding day? A wedding makeup artist will make sure you look picture-perfect, so you can relax and focus on enjoying the day.